As promised, here is part two of the adventures of a newbie author, and it’s all about–Street Teams.
What is a Street Team?:
- You may already have your team set-up and you don’t even know it.
- Your team is comprised of your die-hard fans who like and share all of your social media posts.
- They pass out info to people about you, and your books.
- They’ve read everything you have written, some of them may have been your beta readers, and they write awesome reviews!
- They attend your events passing out swag, wearing your gear (t-shirts, buttons, stickers), and talking to future fans.
- They get lots of free stuff! Books and other cool swag.
- They truly go above and beyond to help spread the word about you and your books.
How do I make my Street Team Legit?
- I’m so glad you asked! That is what I am doing, right now!
- First: Come up with a catchy name! Mine is PSST! The Alex Conner Chornicles Crew
- The name should reflect your books or a certain series. Since I am going to write a wide range of books, I made this one Alex Conner Specific under the larger umbrella of PSST (Parker Sinclair Street Team). My new book, The Eve of the Exceptionals will have the Eve’s Ryzing Stars.
- It’s all in the name! These are the loyal fans who help you get to the top, don’t the deserve a sweet name? Exactly!
- Once you have the name and you’ve spoken to some members, blog about the new Team so you can get even more members.
- Share the blog with everyone and to everyone.
What to send your team:
- I am currently working on a lot of cool swag for me team: t-shirts, I’ve had buttons made, and I plan on making stickers and buttons to provide each member.
- I have lots of cards to pass out, and codes for discounted books.
- Before a major event that they will be attending with you, stock them up on all of the swag items. Maybe you pre-make goody bags for them to hand out, or let them do their thing.
- Free books! Whether its eBooks or paperback, your team gets them when they first come out, sometimes even earlier!
So there it is, in a nutshell. I love my Street Team! You know who you are, and if anyone would like to join The Alex Conner Chronicles Crew, please comment below or message me.
Author of Trust: The Alex Conner Chronicles Book One, Truth: The Alex Conner Chronicles Book Two, &Forbidden: An Alex Conner Chronicles Novella adult contemporary fantasy under the name Parker Sinclair.
My Webpage: http://www.parkersinclair.net
Purchase &Sample my books: http://www.parkersinclair.net/buy-a-good-book
Like me on Facebook: ParkerSinclairbooks
My Goodreads Profile
My Smashwords Profile
Links/where to buy/ social media